Celebrate WaterWeeks in Langley, starting off with the Langley BC Rivers Day Community Festival. The festival takes place at the Derek Doubleday Arboretum (21200 Block Fraser Highway) on Sunday September 24, 2017 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Featuring a live musical performance by popular children’s entertainers Bobs and Lolo, a free organic hotdog BBQ, interactive displays and activity booths including costume parade, electric cars, wildlife displays, birdhouse building, gold panning and so much more! Tons of family fun- don’t miss it! Ride your bike and receive valet parking! Parking is at Langley Secondary School with a shuttle to the event site running all day.
The Outdoor Recreation Council has declared that in recognition of Canada 150, the theme for BC Rivers Day 2017 is BEAVERS. The beaver has been Canada’s national symbol for over 30 years, and is the engineering master of our waterways.
Free admission, no registration required.
Volunteers Needed for BC Rivers Day Festival!
Helping hands are required for the Langley BC Rivers Day Festival. Set up takes place Saturday September 23 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm and the event happens on Sunday September 24 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Volunteer tasks include greeting visitors and providing information, setting up and taking down displays, facilitating activities such as bird house building and gold panning, and much more. All festival volunteers receive a free t-shirt, cool giveaways and free breakfast and lunch on the day of the festival. Please inquire no later than September 20, 2017. To volunteer, contact 604-532-3511 or [email protected]bc.ca
Mark your calendar for WaterWeeks events!
Register early to avoid disappointment. Details for events can be found on the LEPS calendar of events.
- The Fishy Finale, Saturday, September 30
- Presented with Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC & Metro Vancouver Parks.
- Get to know your H2O! Coquitlam Watershed Tour, Saturday, September 30
- Presented by Metro Vancouver Watershed Education.
- Farm Fresh Bus Tour, Saturday, October 1
- Sponsored in part by Vancity.
- Our Water BC, Thursday, October 5
- Presented by the Canadian Freshwater Alliance.
- Wonderful Wetland Tour, Saturday, October 7
- Streamside Clean-up and Invasive Plant Pull, Sunday, October 8
- Green Wednesday Film Screening, “Return of the River”, Wednesday, October 11
- Presented in partnership with the Green Ideas Network and KPU Green Wednesdays.
- Dig in! Streamside Tree Planting, Saturday, October 14
- Sponsored in part by TD Tree Days.